KABcam won’t start on the German language edition of Windows Server 2016
If KABcam doesn’t run or runs and immediately crashes when run on the German language edition of Windows Server 2016 you will need to disable DEP for KABcam.
To disable DEP for KABcam:
- Right click the Start Menu and click System
- On the left click Advanced System Settings
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click the Settings button
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab
- Enable the option Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
- Click the Add button near the bottom
- Browse and select the file C:\Program Files (x86)\KAB Software\KABcam\KABcam.exe
- Click the OK button to save the change
This will allow KABcam to to run properly.