Before backing up your email you will need to configure your Gmail account to allow Gee MailBackup to access your account.
1. Log into gmail.com and click the gear icon on the upper left of the window.
2. From the menu select Settings.
3. In the settings window select the Forward and POP/IMAP tab.
4. In the Forward and POP/IMAP settings under IMAP Access set the Status to Enable IMAP.
5. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the window.
Google limits IMAP downloads to 2500 MB per day* and if your Gmail account has several thousand emails you may reach the limit during your first backup. If this happens you can simply start the backup the following day, Gee MailBackup will continue where it left off.
* As of 11/3/2017