Can KABcam capture from multiple cameras on the same computer?
You can capture from multiple cameras on the same computer by running multiple copies of KABcam with different settings files.
- Close any running copies of KABcam
- Create a new shortcut to KABcam by right clicking on the KABcam icon and selecting Create Shortcut
- Right click on the new shortcut and select Properties
- In the Properties window on the Shortcut tab add a space to the end of the Target field followed by:
KABcam version 5 and higher
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\KAB Software\KABcam.exe" -config "Logitech C270"
KABcam version 4 and lower
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\KAB Software\KABcam.exe" LogitechC270
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Start KABcam from the new shortcut and configure the settings for a different camera.
- Each time you start KABcam with the new shortcut it will use the new settings file.
- You can create multiple shortcuts with different settings.
- You cannot have multiple copies of KABcam accessing the same camera.
- The settings file for KABcam version 4 and lower cannot contain spaces.